15 September 2013

Cozy Fall Dressing (and a great score from ON)

It's no secret that for my maternity wardrobe, I've stuck primarily with non-maternity clothing. I definitely purchased some maternity skinny jeans, leggings and shorts plus a few maxi dresses I love...but I've felt most comfortable primarily in stretchy and elastic waist dresses. Plus the summer heat just meant the less restrictive clothing, the better. I did buy some maternity tanks and a few tops but to be honest, they were more fitted and that's just really not me.

So I stuck with what I knew and loved! Many of those dresses I picked up at Gap (online sizing goes up to XXL & 18/20), Old Navy, ASOS, Target or I already owned and wore often. That was my style before baby and it will probably still be my style after baby! (isn't it great when you reach that age that you finally feel comfortable in your personal style and make no apologies for staying away from trends that don't work for you?)

As fall sets in (yikes was the hardwood cold this morning!) and my due date approaches, I've started to think about post-partum dressing and warmer layers. So when I spotted this dress on sale at Old Navy...I couldn't resist!


Why is this dress pure perfection? Let's start with the price...it's currently on sale for $25 and it's time to redeem your Old Navy Super Cash, so if you have a coupon stashed away in your wallet - you could get $10 off your $25 purchase until the 18th.

The fabric? Thick, soft, fleecy sweatshirt material...heavenly! Plus it comes in a light grey and a darker heather grey - both great neutrals to pair with a variety of other colours.

The fit? Super flattering. The drawstring waist eliminates that sweatshirt frumpiness, the curved hem is very cute and the slouchy dolman type sleeves make us all look good. Love that it comes in sizes XS to XXL. I sized up for extra slouchiness!

I'll be wearing this now (with the baby bump!) along with cute flats and layered necklaces. Soon, I'll be swapping in leggings and booties/tall boots plus a big printed scarf to stay warm(after baby!).

Have you started fall shopping yet? What are you most excited to add to your wardrobe this year?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore