17 January 2013

Cobalt layers, yoga challenges and fear


What a month! Just when you think things are going to slow down...well, let's be honest - they really never do right? Not if you want to make time for all the things you love on top of all the things you HAVE to do? 

I'm doing the 30-day Detox Yoga Challenge at my studio and with frigid -30 temperatures, bundling up after dinner to head out into the cold has not been the easiest. But I feel a heck of a lot better because of it. Let me clarify - I'm not doing all 30 days - my goal is 3 days a week for the month. But I've been surpassing that because it makes me feel so good. I go to bed dead tired but feeling good about the small things I'm accomplishing to feel healthy. I've already planned to drop down to a twice a week pass post January and keep it going. 

I haven't been taking many outfit photos lately..but one thing that's been on my mind is furniture. For those of you who have followed me for a while, you know that once upon a time I painted vintage furniture. Well it's fallen aside lately and I recently offered to do a piece for a friend's wedding social draw not only as a gift to her (because she's lovely and deserves it) but because I wanted to motivate myself to get creative. So I've been wandering through my furniture archive in the basement trying to get inspired by a piece, a colour, a finish, a design....fear is holding me back from getting started. But I will push through the fear...(like I did with hot yoga :) and I will push myself just a little further in this life. Something I can look back on with pride.  

So I want to ask you friends...what do you do to push yourself? How do you make sure you don't just 'sit still' in life?




grey cardigan - Gap (buy here)
scarf - gift from my mom from Italy
necklace - local boutique
tights - HUE (from The Bay)
booties - Steve Madden via The Shoe Warehouse (old)


I'd love to hear your thoughts on getting motivated....

Have a lovely week and thanks for being here!




3 comments:

  1. YES!!!
    that's how i found you in the first place... the furniture!
    can't wait to see more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute dress!

    Kate xo petite-adventures.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty and efficiently chic love the outfit dear. Speaking of motivation, I have a bad habit of surrounding myself with fresh flowers or simply taking a stroll around the town and neighborhood getting ideas. :D Got my eye on your next posts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore