25 October 2012

Summer + Fall



Now that the days are getting shorter, I'm really lacking in daylight time for outfit photos. This has led to extending my shutter release and somehow capturing this natural light haze on the photos...not sure if I like it? Speaking of shorter days, I'm trying very hard to 'shop my closet' as much as possible and cut back on the purchases. Fall was tough on the wallet as I always find it to be the most exciting shopping season. I picked up some great additions (which I'm excited to share with you in upcoming posts) but now it's time to sit back and have fun mixing and matching with what I have.

Like summer dresses...this is definitely a summer dress with it's sleeveless style, t-back and pale colour palette. But I latched on to the rich violet and pumpkin jewel tones in it and played around with added accessories in similar tones - a deep teal cardigan, textured grey tights and tall black boots. I've pretty much decided that unless a summer dress is thin cotton...I'm going to try to rock it for winter!


 




summer dress - Jessica Simpson (old)
teal cardigan - Joe Fresh
earrings - local boutique Moule

Are you mixing your summer dresses into your fall/winter wardrobe? What's your favourite way of doing it?




2 comments:

  1. gorgeous as usual!
    love the thicker grey tights!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i mostly do the layering of tights, leggings and socks.. i prefer that instead of wearing jeans or worst long johns (sp?) during the colder season.

    anyway, you look lovely in that floral dress. :D

    Click me for my NEW BLOG

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore