04 September 2011

Wedding Guest Post: From the Kitchen with Lorraine

Hello Lather friends!
 
My name is Lorraine and I work with Lenore at Fusion as a Graphic Designer. You may remember me from the Agency Style Peeks and wedding invite tutorials. Lenore has been trying to convince me to start a blog so today, I hope to create a new name for myself, something that includes baking, brilliance or at the very least, intrigue...

It all began a few years ago when I first ate a cupcake at Cup Cake Corner, it was Oreo flavoured and actually had an Oreo baked into the bottom! GENIUS. The seed had been planted. I was now on a quest to combine two awesome things in hopes of making them awesomer.

Fast forward two years, I am making peanut butter cookies to take to the lake over the weekend. I open the cupboard to grab the peanut butter and notice that my boyfriend has bought Oreos. I hate that he has done this, because I have absolutely no willpower when it comes to Oreos. I will eat them till they are gone. Seriously, the entire bag. 350 g of mouthwatering guilt. How will I cope? Can I make it through the night knowing that they are right there? Calling my name. Taunting me. How will I stop myself?

BING! Light goes on, cue heavenly chime. Bake the Oreos I-N-T-O the peanut butter cookies like a miniature, delicious force field....




 Peanut Butter & Oreo Cookies

Peanut Butter Batter
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup superfine sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup peanut butter
pinch of salt

Filling
1 package of Oreo cookies :)

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 C

Combine flour and baking soda together. In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugars until soft and creamy. Combine egg, flour mixture, peanut butter, and salt. Add butter and sugar mixture and mix until smooth.Wrap the dough in wax paper and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

Once chilled, roll out dough with rolling pin on wax paper. (easier if dough is separated into sections) Place Oreos on half of the rolled out dough about 4 inches apart. Fold over the other half of the dough over the Oreos. Cut out the cookies with a class or cookie cutter (like a biscuit). Place on baking sheet about 2 inches apart.

Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.

Surprisingly, it worked! I was too excited to share them to eat the whole batch! The process was fairly simple and they were a huge hit. Also they were pretty fantastic, if I may say so myself...

On that note, I will leave you all to drool over the recipe for this delicious treat (it will blow your friends' minds and taste buds!). Thank you for having me for this edition of From the Kitchen and thanks Lenore for letting me stop by. If you'd like to say hello and try to convince me to start a blog with more tasty treats, you can catch me here on Twitter.


Happy baking!

Lorraine

4 comments:

  1. That is TOTALLY AWESOME!! I am trying this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa. That's crazy. Crazy good. How will we ever be able to thank you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, this is the first critcism I have heard on the topic ,WOW Items
    so there weren't any plans prior to me reading this post Smile Now however ,WOW Gear
    I would love to hear some suggestions on how it should look.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore