19 September 2011

Joe Fresh Beauty Week: Vividly Modern

Welcome to Joe Fresh Beauty Week! 

As a big fan of the modern clothing and beauty items that Joe Fresh has make accessible to everyone, this is a challenge that I was happy to take on. I'm so excited to share four looks I put together playing around with a bag full of fun, stylish, affordable colours from the lovely folks at Joe Fresh. 

I thought we'd start the Monday look off with a bang - what do you say?




Talk about trying something new...when I saw the bright fuchsia lipstick in the bag, I definitely grimaced a little. Soooo not my thing. But once I started playing around with a more naked face, my confidence grew and I started to really have fun with it!

The look: Vividly Modern - bright lips+bare face

The base: After washing my face, I did my regular morning face routine of dabbing concealer around my eyes, nose and red areas, topping it off with translucent powder.


Key Steps: The cream blush and cream eyeshadows were all applied liberally with my fingers, dabbed on then blended well. I spread the Marigold shadow all over the lid and the Mocha in the crease. For the intense lip colour, I carefully applied it making sure to focus on the lining of my lips, dabbed it with a tissue then reapplied.

How and where I'd wear this look: I think this would be a very cool edgy look to pair with a stark white or black outfit (to let the lips stand out) and tousled/messy-ish hair to late drinks with the girls (they'd get it more than my guy :) I would definitely need to be having a super confident day, but who knows - make rocking the look is what makes you confident??

*all Joe Fresh beauty products c/o Joe Fresh

Tell me friends, are you a fan of bright lip colour or do you stick to neutrals?

Hope you all have an amazing Monday and don't forget to take a little fashion risk here and there!




6 comments:

  1. The pink looks good on you! I can't pull off coloured lipstick, my lips are too huge and I look like a clown. I wish I could pull off a Christina Hendrick's look! (Red hair and all..)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have almost the same colour. It looks lovely on you. Have you tried a very pale pink? I was a little iffy on the pale pink at first, but it looks great with rather fair skin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty look! And I feel you on the lip color; sometimes I'm afraid to go so bold. But it looks incredible on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I purchased a bright pink lipstick this summer and I've only wore it once. You've inspired me to give it another try. Also, your hair looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore