16 August 2011

Style Peek: eyelet dress + layered necklaces


I'm not very much fun to be around today. I like to keep this blog space as my happy place but every once in a while I have to share the lows, cause we all have them....

I think I'm just feeling that overwhelming tidal wave of busyness washing over me. Tomorrow is my Grandma's funeral, two and a half weeks to the wedding, full-time work, endless things to do (wedding and life in general) and a dirty house. Why do we women think we can do it all? I know I always pile more on my plate than I can finish. Sigh. So in honour of my bad day I'm dressed like a frump. I'm sharing an outfit from a couple weeks ago that I forgot to post instead. When I was feeling cute and chipper and ready to take on the world...

white eyelet dress - Old Navy
mustard cardigan - Gap
gold flats - Steve Madden
aqua beaded necklace - thrifted
coral and gold necklace - Forever 21
pendant necklace - from local boutique Silver Lotus

I hope your day is going better than mine? Here's wishing you a lovely fantastic day filled with happy things and good people! Sending good vibes out there...

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I feel for you - that's a lot on your plate.

    Remember, when you started planning your wedding, all those people that said "I'd love to help - let me know what I can do"? (There are always lots of them!) Now's the time to call in reinforcements - even if it's just a "do the dishes" party or something boring like that, I'm sure there are lots of people who love you that are just waiting to be asked!

    In retrospect I should have asked for a lot more help in the leadup to my wedding - it would have allowed me to be so much more relaxed on that special day :)

    Take it easy - wishing you lots of patience and calm vibes over the coming weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is busy! What an emotional time for you! My wedding was just over a month ago, so I don't quite feel qualified to offer advice, but if you can manage it (and you should try really hard!) take an evening, go out with your friends, and fiance, and just hang out. One of my favourite memories of my wedding "week" was doing just that!
    I love the eyelet dress. I just put my eyelet jacket in the thrift pile because it was cheap and didn't fit right, but I'm already on the prowl for a replacement eyelet piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Emma and Cara, so nice of you to take the time to pass along some great advice. Sometimes you just need a fresh perspective to turn things around, so thank you thank you!

    Congrats Cara on your wedding, hope it was wonderful!

    XO
    Lenore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mustard is my all time favorite color!
    It looks great on you!

    http://sweetharvestmoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Why do we women think we can do it all? I know I always pile more on my plate than I can finish." All I have to say to this is WORD. I have the same thoughts all the time, and wonder at my ability to overburden and exhaust myself. One thing I try to remember in those times is that very little in my life will break or die if I drop it for a moment of sleep, rest, or peace. I hope the same is true for you.

    While I'm sorry that you had a bad day when you wrote this, I have to say, you look pretty awesome. I adore the color combinations in your outfit and jewelry and your hair is so very pretty. If your world is on fire, at least your looks are pretty cool. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore