18 July 2011

Weekend Recap

Hello friends! Did you have a good weekend? It was SCORCHING hot here and I'm not joking - at many points registered 29 degrees inside our house...

We stayed in town to go to a family shower and bbq put on by J's family and I spent half the time standing in the kiddie pool. It was such a lovely evening and I'm so lucky to be marrying into such a kind and generous family - thank you McGee's!

We also enjoyed date night on Friday with a gift certificate we got for our first shower to local Italian restaurant Mona Lisa - yum! The rest of our time was filled with popsicles, movies in our upstairs bedroom (the only one with A/C!) and wedding errands. I can't believe it's only 6 weeks away!!

Last Thursday, my mom, sis and neice came over to help with wedding crafts and we spent a few lovely hours visiting, sewing rosettes for the photobooth backdrop, painting signs and cutting fabric for bunting. Here's a few pics of our evening... (excuse some of the blurries - other people got a hold of the camera, ha ha!)


I also snapped a few pics in the backyard when my brother-in-law came to pick up the girls with my nephew. Here's little Wyatt hanging out with Gus!


My adorable neice Hailey (she's Justin Beiber obsessed and plays a mean game of ringette).


My lovely mama...


And J and I...


They were such a big help and I enjoyed all the special family time!

What did you get up to this weekend friends? Are you feeling the summer heat like we are?

2 comments:

  1. Aw, looks like you had a lovely time!
    I can't stand the heat we are having. My only saving grace is that I am again in Sask. and I can jump into this fantastic glacier fed resevoir to beat the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love the photobooth idea! :) It's over 40 degrees with the humid X here in southwestern Ontario....send prayers and ice :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore