21 April 2011

From the Kitchen: Mini Eggs Shortbread


Hello lovely friends! Are you as excited as I am that today is actually Friday?? I took Monday off as well so in between all the family time we have scheduled - I have grand plans to sleep in, snuggle with Gus, work on my invitations (more on that tomorrow!) and work on my Lather Creations commissions.

 
(image via} 

Right now, I can't stop thinking about all the fabulous food we'll be enjoying with our loved ones! Do you have any special cooking plans this weekend? We're bringing an appie to Sunday dinner but now that I've stumbled across this delicious looking recipe - I think I have to make it!! Thanks Melanie for sharing it. It's by The Happy Baker and you can find the full recipe here.

MINI EGGS SHORTBREAD 
Preheat oven to 275 degrees

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups of flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup of icing sugar

1 cup butter, softened
pinch of salt

1 200g bag Mini Eggs (or Hershey Eggies), crushed into small and medium pieces

Method:
Sift together the flour, cornstarch and icing sugar.
Add the butter and salt; cream together with the dry ingredients until a stiff dough is formed.
Stir in the glorious Mini Eggs.
Roll dough into 1-Inch balls and flatten with your fingers on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.

Bake in the preheated oven for 22 to 24 minutes.

It seriously looks so easy - shortbread can be intimidating when you have to roll out the dough but here you simple roll cookie balls!

Happy baking and happy weekend loves!

6 comments:

  1. I have tons of cooking and baking to do in the next few days but Im totally looking forward to it all:) My Balazs loves shortread so I might try this recipe! Looks delicious. Happy Thursday, darling
    Kisses and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, two of my favourite treats in one! Are you kidding me!! I need to make these; one day when I have more time! Have a fabulous weekend Lenore! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THESE ARE INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS. i cannot say enough good things about this recipe from The Happy Baker - the woman is a goddess. can't wait to bake these on saturday too ~ enjoy!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This may be my new pregnancy craving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these look so amazing- I wish I did more baking- have a great Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing. Made them today and they are so good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore