12 November 2010

Furniture Cheat Sheet: The Wishbone Chair

Hello there and Happy Friday! I hope you're all well? I took today off to luxuriate in a four-day weekend and I'm loving every minute of it!  I plan to do lots of puttering...how about you?

Today we're talking about a mid-century modern classic - the wishbone chair.  Keep your eye out for reproductions, these open and airy dining chairs would be perfect for an eat in kitchen or a more casual dining area!

{image via}


Manufacturer Carl Hansen released a new series of the classic design this year in vibrant shades, as part of the 'citrus' 'blue' and 'energy' collections.  I am LOVING these!  Especially the blue ones because they're in all my favourite shades.





{all images via}

Did you hear about the Pink Wishbone Project? Last month SuiteNY auctioned off pink wishbone chairs restyled by famous designers in support of the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.  I think the modern shape looks so girly and chic in blush pink.  Plus what a great cause!


{image via}

I know it's not actual furniture, but I stumbled across this charming wishbone chair graphic print and just couldn't resist sharing...

 {image via}

What are your thoughts on the wishbone chair?  It is your 'style'? Do you ever see these in thrift shops?  I'm sure the originals are hard to come by but there must be reproductions out there...

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. check out www.wishbonestory.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this design! so lovely! thanks for giving it a name for me :)

    have a fabulous weekend darling!

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. mid-century modern is definitely my style. I love this chair. If you ever find one I'll take it in that moss green please :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore