08 August 2010

Friday Nights in Gimli

It's been a lovely weekend so far.  J and Gus and I headed out to the Gimli cottage on Friday night.  We only had one night as we had to come back for a family bbq, so we made the most of our time.  We indulged in a few rousing rounds of scrabble, drink some vino and just relax!



I did manage to sneak in a project of course, remember the magazine rack I picked up a few days ago?


After some primer and spray paint (my new obsession Bahama Sea of course!), the rack has been freshened up and looks right at home in the living room.




It truly is one of my favourite places to be.  I thought I would share some of it with you with a peek at our Gimli place.

Gimli is a little beach town one hour north of the city on Lake Winnipeg and because of the proximity to the water, I love the fill the space with beachy blue colours and all my favourite things.  Like kitschy artifacts, personal art (yes, that's my intro to Watercolours flower!) and driftwood pieces. 


It's the place for art that I've collected over the years in my travels, like these soapstone carvings, prints and moose tuftings from the great Northern town of Churchill.




Many, many books for me and my guests to get lost in while basking in the afternoon sunshine.  Plus I've found a home for my music book collection!



Plent of bright, cheerful colours against crips whites...




And found pieces of makeshift art like this fallen branch from my yard, inside an old Ikea vase.


Thanks for letting me share!  How has your weekend been going so far?

7 comments:

  1. I love the paint colors in the bathroom and kitchen. Pretty shades of blue! The magazine rack is much nicer now as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely weekend get-away! Matt works Saturdays so we only get one day weekends. We checked out the reptile expo that is at Canad Inns Polo Park today and now he's outside continuing the work on our new front porch in the blistering heat. I'm sleep deprived by the baby so doing a whole lot of nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The reptile expo sounds very cool Amy! And in this heat plus looking after a baby - I don't blame you for doing nothing!

    Thanks Jeralee!

    XO
    Lenore

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like a great place to get away! i love scrabble and wine nights, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cottage getaways too. Something about being near water..ahhhh...Great work on that magazine rack! ;)Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Scrabble - it's a perfect Friday night activity with my honey.

    Your place in Gimli looks lovely. I adore the beach feel to it, the shades of blue and tan. I'd spend as many weekends there as I could!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Alyssa - sometimes a few bucks and a coat of paint can make a world of difference!

    Sounds like we like the same things Eva!

    XO
    Lenore

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore