09 July 2010

Works in Progress

Good news on this beautiful Friday - Lather Creations is officially reserved for my business name with the province.  Now I just need to 'officially' register (ie: pay for it) and I'm good to go!

So forging ahead, here are a few sneak peeks of my current works in progress.  Remember this lil' table?  Someone told me it looked a little mid-century modern, so I'll go with that!


Well I've been a sanding machine and here's where it's at now....


I've also been working on this side table I picked up for $6.99.  It's a nice wood veneer with really nice carving detail along the bottom edge.  Here it is mid-sanding...


And here is some of the colourful goodness I've picked up for some upcoming projects.  Both by CIL, the top is bright green is called Tart Twist and the soft coral is African Tulip.  Still not sure what's going where...


How will you be spending your weekend friends?

XO
Lenore

8 comments:

  1. Great news Lenore! Looks like a fun weekend of creative refurb :) That side table might look good with a little hand-carved quote? Just an idea.

    This weekend I'm doing some volunteer training for the Hilo Marine Mammal Response Network - learning what to do when a whale or dolphin or other animal strands and how to treat them - learning some historic Hawaiian culture and how they treat animals. Very exciting for me, completely new territory for a prairie girl :)

    xo B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get to write a spell checker program this weekend (as I push my glasses up and give a geekish laugh).

    Mom and Hailey come home from their trip, super excited to see them.

    Going to spend some quality time with the fam too.

    Glad to hear the biz name is secured and that second piece, the side table, looking forward to seeing the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on your business name!! That's huge and exciting! Can't wait to see some more finished projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, you are officially my refurb idol! go girl. how did you sand all that? i bet it was extremely therapeutic. i have always wanted to do that. can't wait for the afters. you should submit your work on Design*Sponge for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great projects to work on! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love projects. That looks like a fun one. I would definitely leave some of that wood finish bare and maybe use the paint for some bold accent colors. Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations on the name, dear! have a wonderful weekend :)

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh, i can't wait to see how you transform those pieces. congrats on the business name as well. that's a huge step!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore