26 July 2010

Before and After: Vintage Blue Bedside Table

Part two of the big weekend project reveal is here.  This bedside table was another antique I picked up a few weeks ago.  The drawer is dovetailed and the solid wood makes it extra sturdy.  It was a lot of work to prime, paint and finish all the nooks and crannies but I think it turned out lovely.  Here's the before for a reminder.


I chose the same turquoise blue I used for the Beachy Blue Accent Table (CIL's Blue Niche) and I added some paper detailing with a cream and blue vintage wallpaper pattern and a pretty glass knob.  The old pull was an odd measurement so I just decided to fill in the double holes and drill one in the middle. 





If you live in the Winnipeg area, it's for sale here.

Okay, now it's time to relax before heading back to work tomorrow!  Enjoy your day friends.

20 comments:

  1. Totally adorbale, love the drawer!! Not to mention your table below is super cute too. Great job on both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that color,this is adorable! Who makes that color?

    Hey, I sold my first piece! Have a fabulous day!
    Londen

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...you are so good...Love that little cutie and the colour is perfect:)

    Kisses,sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fantastic transformation! Love the cute glass knob.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is sooo cute! i love tha papered drawer- it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huge improvement. You are on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great makeover...just fantastic!

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  8. It turned out so well! I didn't even notice that extra little shelf detail below the drawer in the before picture you emailed me. Hope this one finds a good home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a busy weekend! Love the paper detailing on the drawer - very classy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did such a great job, Lenore! I love the paper you added -- it absolutely belongs there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a sweet re-do. love the addition of the glass knob. you are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love! That shade of blue is so lovely. I think the glass knob and wallpaper really kick it up a notch and make things special!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i LOVE this!! and i am impressed by your DIY skills. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute! What a great makeover, I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute. love the color--great transformation!
    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much everyone for your sweet comments! You keep me going when it's 30 degrees outside and the last thing I want to do is SAND FURNITURE!! But I do love doing it, despite not always feeling like it.

    XO
    Lenore

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my GOSH! I lOVE this piece. I just found your blog and I'm loving it!
    -JoAnna
    www.re-Ublog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore