29 June 2010

Tuesday Round-up and New Home Mag

So tomorrow's the big day - I'm unveiling the brand new blog design!  I'm super excited and I can't wait to share it with you so please come by and check it out.

As for today, I'm confessing to being a magazine addict.  I love to browse magazines looking for inspiration and to just plain pass the time blissfully.  But sadly, many of the home magazines I used to love have been slowly dying off the shelves (Wish, Domino, The Nest, even Canadian Home and Country was a fave).  Not that there aren't good ones out there (Elle Decor, Dwell, Style at Home), but all the ones that felt 'accessible'  to me are shut down.  The rest are either too country traditional or too out of my league.

Well - I stopped at the grocery store after work to pick up some grated parmesan (because really, what's pasta without parmesan??) and I found myself wandering over the mag displays, as I often do, in hopes of finding something new on the shelves.  Well I did!


Fresh Home says it's all about 'Easy Ideas for Hands On People'.  Hey that's me!  I'd never seen this quarterly pub before, have you?  Am I super out of the loop?  It's from the makers of Reader's Digest.  They have a good track record so here's hoping this mag sticks around - I only had a quick browse but it looks promising!  I'm saving it for a cup of coffee and my sunporch.

Here in Canada, Thursday is a holiday (Happy Canada Day!) so I'm off work for four whole days!  We have tons of family time planned but a little quiet time to relax and work on projects.  I'm super excited to finish off a couple that I am working on for as inventory for Lather Creations.  Here's a sneak peek of one of the 'before's'...watch for the after in the next few days!



How is your Tuesday going?

XO
Lenore

6 comments:

  1. Never heard of that mag- I usually get my 'design' mags from the lib- I get a stack at a time and go to town- can't wait to see what your after will look like- have a nice long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Found that magazine out here in Hawaii - at my monthly shop to Costco (yes, even Hawaiian's shop Costco - it's actually a big budget saver out here).

    I was very attracted to the cover design - bright cheery and fun. Have a fun Tuesday!
    Aloha, B

    ReplyDelete
  3. k super blogger...and furniture upcycler....how do you have so much to do all this blogging and the projects???

    ReplyDelete
  4. look at your blog!!!! so pretty!!! i bet it feels better to write in it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you checked out 'Ready Made'? I think you might like it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will have to check it out Lindsay - it sounds great!

    XO
    Lenore

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore