28 June 2010

Things that make you go hmmm...

Do you believe in fate?

Two very cool things happened today in the learn-as-you-go world of Lather Creations.  One - in my search for fellow Winnipeg upcyclers, I came across a blog and Etsy store run by a lady named Rebecca. 


It just so happens that today Rebecca posted about the fact that she had joined an eco-creative collective that is opening a store in the empty space I drive by every day to work.  The space that previously held the Ken Segal Gallery and I blogged about how sad I was a local business was closing.  In fact, this morning I was wondering what would come of that space...

Two - I walked over the Old House Revival Company on my lunch break to pick up some vintage glass knobs for a piece of furniture I'm working on (more on that later this week!).   I started talking to the gal working at the front and asked about how they commission their vendors (I had seen upcycled vintage chandeliers in the shop).  She was very helpful and passed along the names of the owner and the accountant and advised they rent 5 x 5 spaces for under $100 a month.  Granted, this is not feasible for me at this intro stage but a great contact nonetheless!  She also mentioned that when they are lookign to get rid of older pieces that aren't selling, it's good to have contacts willing to buy them and upcycle them.

All in all, not bad for a Monday lunch break!  I love it when you wave out into the universe and it waves back at you...

How is your Monday going?  Do you believe in fate?

Written with love,
Lenore

PS:  The blog redesign is just about ready to go so be sure to get your peek on Wednesday!

4 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see your new blog design! And very cool...seems the universe is giving you green lights :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Lenore!
    Glad so many things are connecting for you- and on a Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuppie to you sweetie...You are on a roll...Well done! That is a great lunch break:) My Monday is almost over and it was a busy one:)
    Kisses sweetie and have a wonderful afternoon:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found you and really enjoyed this post ... I'll be back :)
    oxox
    Denalee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore