02 June 2010

A list of things I'd like to do in my city

Funny how you develop your routines and your 'places' and every day you pass by little gems that go undiscovered...

{Photo from Travel Manitoba}

I've been in the Winnipeg for 2 and a half years now but there are so many places I have yet to explore...Here's a list of places I would love to go sometime, right here in my adopted city.

1.  Ride the bumper boats and go-karts at Thunder Rapids - who doesn't want to feel like a kid again?

2.  Sunday brunch at the Fort Garry, preferably the night after a Hamam...yes ladies, one day I will know the joy you speak of...

3. Take the haunted city tour and explore the old history, more for the architecture than the ghosts!

4.  Ride the water taxi through downtown on the river.  It just sounds so cool.

5.  Dine like a princess at 529 Wellington, one of Winnipeg's most elegant dining addresses.

6. Spend an afternoon sorting through the past at Ragpickers, looking for the perfect vintage piece to mix into my wardrobe.

7. Meet a group of girls for family-style brunch at the Tallest Poppy and savour a decadent weekend breakfast.



Well I figure that's a good start...so much to see, so much to do!

What have you always wanted to do in your own home city but never got around to?

Written with love,
Lenore

7 comments:

  1. Great list...and great idea..I have to make a list like that too..
    Fantastic post, made me so happy:)
    Kisses sweetie:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i always feel like i take where i live for granted. i hope you do everything on your list & post it :)


    Anna Katrina
    http://passportglamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm living vicariously through your thoughts and ideas everyday! Loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've made it sound like a spot worth visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lenore I would so go with you on the haunted city tour!!!

    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've been wanting to take the hermetic code tour at the legislative for awhile now!
    and ditto to 529....although i might have to save my pennies for awhile :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Water taxi ride is so much fun! I used the water taxi every day to get me from Osborne Village to the Forks when I worked @ Sugar Mountain. Its fun to get onto the water in the city

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore