19 April 2010

For Arts Sake

When I hear the words 'gallery show opening', I think of New York City...and coctails...and Sex and the City...and things that aren't a huge part of my life.

But when I was invited to one, I thought - now this could be something cultural and exciting to zest up my routine.  So I invited one of my fresh new friends (see previous post) and headed out on a Thursday night for some art and conversation.

The Woodlands Gallery on Academy in Winnipeg is a cozy little space filled with great art.  It's owned by Jen, who is engaged to a friend of my other half.  It was the opening for the Spring Expressions show featuring new paintings by Marcel Cote, Melan and Betty Suprowich.

I'm by no means an art expert.  More like an art appreciator.  I like to look at it.  It makes me happy.  It makes me think.  Going to an art exhibit is not something I often think of doing, but once I'm there it's that extra bit of fresh inspiration that I like.  It opens the mind just a little.  And the lovely wine did help.

So I did two things slightly out of my comfort zone.  I attended an art show and I invited out a new friend.  They were both good decisions, as new things often are...

Want to step outside the comfort, but something's holding you back?  Don't let it.

Written with love,
Lenore

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE reading your blog Lenore! And thanks for all the nice comments about the gallery. I'll let you know when I make my first real post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gallery Gal!

    If you know anyone else you think might enjoy it, feel free to pass it along.

    I'm looking forward to following your artful musings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore