30 April 2010

A Chi Chi Door

Just a few hours until I'm on a plane to Florida!  I will miss chatting with you but my internet availability will be spotty.  I leave you with this latest door as my bon voyage...


I drive past this lovely little shop called Chi Chi on my way to work on South Osborne and I love what they've done with the exterior.  The vibrant turquoise is a very hot colour this year and it is made so elegant with the soft taupe and metallic textured walls.  Tres chic!

I popped into the shop for the first time to request a photo permission and met the owner Kathy.  She gave me a quick tour (I will return for a real visit after my trip) and I was delighted to discover the store is made up of 8 rooms, each with their own theme.  The bathroom is an actual bathroom decorated with Chi Chi's wares as is the den, the kitchen and very girly Chi Chi room.  This adorable Winnipeg boutique is filled with housewares, gifts, decor items, reusable bags and even refurbished furniture!

I took lots of photos to share and I'll tell you all about it in a future post.  For now, you can check out the website and online store for a sampling of all the goodies.

Have a lovely week and I will talk to you soon!

Written with love,
Lenore

3 comments:

  1. Lenore, this was one of those little secrets I knew of when I lived in Winnipeg. I remember discovering this place with my friend Kris and we totally loved the idea of themed rooms with awesome vintage collections in them. I bought this sweet little pink retro lamp that I will always treasure (now in storage...didn't quite make it to Hawaii).

    I'm sure you can find some cute little things for your new house.

    Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lenore, just came across your blog. lovely! my daughter's name is lenore. Had to say hi!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore