28 March 2010

Hotel Hume-McGee Part 1

The guest room is the renovation project du jour.  We are expecting a couple of check-ins in April so it was time to really get it together.  Jack's sister will be coming in Easter weekend, and my dad and his wife for a visit to meet my sister's upcoming new baby boy (due any day!). 

The room is tiny by most anyone's standards so it's a small spaces design challenge.  Luckily, our old house has tall ceilings.  I started by painting the room a perfect warm brownish-greyish taupe colour called Homespun Linen, #8465 from Cloverdale Paints.  I originally found the colour when I was painting the condo in Gimli and all the hardware store sold was Cloverdale.  I loved it so much I bought another gallon to use on Rosedale. 

All the baseboards and trim were freshened up with a clean coat of white and Jack installed the finishing touches of courter-round and the blinds.  I've used these blinds in a few of my past homes now, because the faux wood style looks expensive but is really quite reasonable.  You can pick them up at Home Depot for a steal compared to similar custom styles.

Since we are running a little behind, Part 2 of this post will show completed photos with the bargain furniture steals I picked up over the last week.

Written with love,
Lenore

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the finished room Lenore. I am sure it will be as delightful as the rest of the house (from what I can tell in the photo of the painting, it's so you+Jack:). xoNat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love reading all your comments! If you have a specific question, please email me at lhume1@mts.net. XO Lenore